This includes people who:
- are over age 40
- have family members with glaucoma
- are of African or Hispanic heritage
- have high eye pressure
- are farsighted or nearsighted
- have had an eye trauma
- have corneas that are centrally thin
- have thinning of the optic nerve
- have diabetes, migraines, poor blood circulation or other systemic health problems
Talk with an ophthalmologist about your risk for getting glaucoma. People with more than one of these risk factors have an even higher risk of glaucoma.
Read more about glaucoma on the South African Glaucoma Society website here.